Thank you for caring. You can support children and families affected by the war in Ukraine.
We’re providing urgent support to Ukraine: helping to evacuate children and families to safety, providing those still in Ukraine with food and other supplies so they can stay in lockdown and providing constant trauma support for staff, families and children whose lives have been thrown into chaos.
The need for support is growing by the hour. Millions of people are expected to flee the war in the next weeks.
As well as the children and families already cared for by SOS Children’s Villages prior to the invasion, large numbers are expected to need help as a direct result of the war. We know this help is going to be required for many years to come, and we will be there for as long as it takes.
“We all feel helpless, and we all want the war to stop. Our top priority is to protect as many children as we can. We want children to grow up without hate.”
The children, families and staff of SOS Children’s Villages Ukraine who are in the Ukraine still have had to stay in bomb shelters almost constantly.
The money you generously donate will be spent on providing:
- Relocation support and shelter – giving families relocation and housing costs.
- Family reunification with other partners.
- Short-term emergency support for families– such as psychological first aid, referrals, emergency assistance (food, medicine, hygiene items)
- Trauma care and mental health support both for families and for staff
- Extra Staff – an increase in families and children needing support will mean more staff are required
- Long-term care and support to the families and children affected for as long as it takes to rebuild their lives – we know this could take many years.
Amongst all the bombing, the fear, the chaos, our heroic colleagues are trying to show the children that their kindness matters and can make all the difference. They are supporting families who may already have been almost at breaking point and showing how, together, we can get through a crisis.
Will you be there to support the people in Ukraine who urgently need your help?
Please donate now to help families and children in Ukraine. Thank you so much for your incredible, life-changing support.