You can #SupportSOS in a number of guaranteed places in national events, from marathons to cycle rides. As part of the team you will be taking on a new and exciting challenge, meeting new people, and raising money for a great cause.
If you would prefer to take part in an event that is not on our list, that’s fine too. You could skydive, abseil, run, cycle, swim, or walk in an event near you. You could even join a Tough Mudder event or trek the Andes. Just give us a call and we’ll support you any way we can.
When you take part in a sponsored event for SOS Children’s Villages UK we will give you all the advice and support you need to make your challenge a success, including:
- An SOS cycling jersey, running vest or technical t-shirt
- Our fundraising pack and resources
- A media pack to help you gain maximum publicity
Take on a challenge with one of our partners
Our partners offer a range of interesting challenges – such as kayaking through Brazil, hiking the Yorkshire Peaks and cycling through Cambodia. When you fundraise for SOS Children’s Villages UK with our partner organisations they arrange all the logistics for you, while we support you every step of your fundraising journey.
Already have a place in an event?
If you already have a place in an event and would like to race for SOS Children’s Villages UK, we would be delighted to welcome you to the team. There is no minimum fundraising pledge if you have your own place, and we will still support your fundraising efforts. Just let us know what challenge you would like to set yourself and we will send you everything you need to fundraise for SOS Children’s Villages UK.
There are lots of simple and fun ways to raise money for SOS Children’s Villages UK. Whether you host an event, take on a challenge or get sponsored to do something silly, the money you raise will change children’s lives forever.
Our team can help you organise and promote your event, and will support you every step of the way.
Why not host a fundraising event at your home? You could:
- organise a coffee morning or tea party
- host a film night, but be sure to bring the popcorn!
- throw a themed event such as a garden party or Halloween party
- host a dinner party or barbecue
Ask your friends to sponsor your challenge. You could try:
- abseiling, bungee-jumping or skydiving
- learning something new
- giving something up
- running, swimming or hiking
Why not get your office or school involved? You could:
- have a dress down or fancy-dress day
- hold an auction or raffle
- have a bingo or quiz lunch
- organise a bake sale or summer fete
Or maybe you and your friends have star quality? Why not:
- hold a concert
- organise a jazz, 80s or rock and roll party
- run a karaoke night
If you have a great fundraising idea that we haven’t thought of, we would love to hear how it goes!