Virtual charity challenges are the perfect alternative if you would like to undertake a challenge but don't wish to travel far to do it.
Simply think of the challenge you would like to do, find out the length/distance/height of the challenge and get sponsored to do it in the comfort of your local gym, park, company, school or even home! You could challenge yourself, school friends, family or colleagues to join you in the race.
Here are some ideas to help get you started:
- Climb Mount Kenya: 5199m
- Climb Mount Kilimanjaro: 5895m
- Climb Mount Everest: 8850m
- Swim or row the English Channel: 35km, or 700 lengths of an Olympic size pool.
- Swim or row Lake Malawi: 590km north to south, or 11,800 lengths of Olympic size pool
- Cycle London to Paris: 350km
- Cycle Land's End to John O'Groats: 1400km
Worth School's Virtual Challenge
Worth School in Hampshire is a fantastic example of how this can be successfully achieved: every single pupil undertook rowing sessions in the school gym over a whole term and together they rowed the distance from their school to Serowe in Botswana, where a new SOS Children’s Village is currently under construction. The school raised an incredible £10,000 for our charity which will be used to support the new SOS school in the Children's Village in Serowe.If you are planning on taking on a virtual charity challenge or would like to find out more get in touch with email@example.com