SThree Partnership with SOS Children
Since 2009, SThree has been one of SOS Children’s transformational Corporate Partners. They support a range of SOS Children's programmes across the world, inlcuding programmes in Brazil, Nigeria, India and Zambia.
SThree and its employees have set a target of donating £1,000,000 by 2018. They are already over two-thirds of the way to achieving this.
“By developing a close long-term partnership with SOS Children I have seen remarkable progress in areas like Chipata. The abandoned children in this under-resourced region now have the care, education and hope they need to grow up safely. I am very proud of our contribution to date and look forward to further supporting SOS Children with their work to transform children’s lives.”Gary Elden, CEO, SThree plc
The SThree approach has been committed, proactive and generous which has resulted in a strong and successful 'can do' partnership. SThree continues to match fund the money employees raise for SOS Children around the world.
Providing love and strengthening communities:
- SOS Children's Village in Chipata, Zambia. The Village is one of the world's most deprived and disease-hit areas. A house in the Village was funded by SThree and is now home to 10 children. SThree contributed to the development of a new
- SThree worked with SOS Children and Paint-It-Forward to hold a charity auction of paintings by children from the Village in Chipata.
- In addition, they support the work of SOS Children's Village Illinois, helping fund the construction of a community centre in the new Village.
- SThree have repeatedly supported SOS Children's emergency appeals including Haiti, China and East Africa. Most recently they provided support for our Nepal eathquake appeal.
Education and training:
The company is a supporter of lifelong learning from early years education, right through to undergraduate scholarships and skills training for adult carers. Their support in this area inlcudes:
- The funding of flip cameras to equip the young filmmakers behind the innovative and award-winning video website, 'Our Africa' that explores Africa through the eyes of children living there.
- Providing scholarships for two Malawian students, Christina and Sanglatsani, to attend University. They also fund Chiedza, who grew up in Children's Village Waterfalls, Harare in Zimbabwe, through Knox College in the United States.
- Funding school and vocational training fees for children who live in our Villages and those that are supported by our Family Strengthening Programmes, including the funding of two apprenticeships in Berlin, Germany.
“SThree's people around the world have surpassed our expectations in terms of fundraising, committing their time and coming up with innovative ways to work together. Through this partnership, SThree have helped thousands of children and young people gain access to education, skills and training. On behalf of these children, and our team at SOS Children, thank you so much."
Simon Etherington, CEO, SOS Children's Villages UK